Tuesday, July 20, 2004

New room

I'm more or less moved into my new room, and I've found a good arrangement for all my furniture despite the room being so small. It's not so bad, in fact. Even with a queen-sized bed it's not cramped. I don't have to climb over anything, it's comfortable. Hopefully the limited space will require me to keep things cleaner, and throw a lot of junk out. If I didn't have so many books it wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not going to get rid of any books. Books are good. I'm going to have to convince myself that cardboard is not, in fact, as useful as I would like to think, and stop collecting it. I suppose "waste not want not" applies to space too.

One thing I like about having a bunch of tapestries is that no matter where I live, I can cover empty wall space with them and the room instantly feels like home, since the walls look familiar. Maybe I'll just make a poncho out of them and forget the whole "living indoors" thing. Maybe not.

The other morning I woke up and thought "I should have no problem with space at all. I just got a 200 gigabyte hard drive" then realized that "nooooo, I'm crazy."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, I think your bed is Full, not Queen. Then again, I dont sleep naked in it every night so I suspect you are more familiar with it than me.


oh crap, why'd I have to go and get that image in my head?

aducore said...

Either way, the bed is big. And to help you out with your homophobia, last night I fell asleep before taking off my boxers. So please, as hard as it may be, stop thinking about me naked.

aducore said...

are you talking about my chess set?