Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Deep Impact

I just got back from watching the launch of the Deep Impact spacecraft. That's probably the last we'll hear about it until July 4th 2005 when it impacts the comet Tempel 1. That should be exciting, since it will be the first time we (humans) intentionally impact a body other than earth (excluding landings.) I just posted a story to slashdot about it, so we'll see if they pick it up. It's times like this that I find my work exciting. I have nothing to do with the mission yet, but once the impact occurs, astronomers from around the world will upload their findings to a collaboration site I built. I'd show you the site, but it requires a login and I can't just give that information out willy-nilly, and it's really not that exciting.

So if this comet is really some extra terrestrial spacecraft, when you find out we did this, don't come to me. Actually, come to me. I know how to find the people who did this to you. In exchange for that information, I expect a few minor privileges when you enslave the Earth.

No comments: