Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Canyonland, Arches

We got to Canyonland on Wednesday and setup camp, then went for a hike. It's interesting to see the range of variation from park to park considering that they're all pretty close to each other. Canyonland looked more muddy, which is just to say that the rocks were more rounded with fewer sharp cracks. The hike took us past some interesting formations and once I get my shit together and get my film developed I will post pictures. Our campsite was near this huge rock wall, so that evening Will and I did some climbing around. Once it started to get dark I followed Will's lead and climbed back down to the campsite.

The next morning we got up, made breakfast, and headed out to Arches. Arches was the last national park we went to, and did a short day hike to Delicate Arch and had lunch, came back past some petroglyphs, then continued on back to SLC.

No comments: