Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tattoo, Tae Kwon Do, iTunes...

The theme of this post is items whose first capital letter is "T".

I went to the Tattoo place just off campus with Jeremy to talk with a tattoo artist about what I wanted done. The guy said that he couldn't do it, and that anybody who said that they could was lying. There's too much detail, and skin can only hold so much detail over the years without the ink bleeding around a lot and making the tattoo look bad. So I'm going to go back to my solid black design idea, and try to render some high resolution images tonight so that I can go ahead and do this thing. I'll post pictures tomorrow if I come up with anything.

I went to Tae Kwon Do tonight and nobody was there. Tim wasn't coming because he had to take Chloe to the vet, and I'm betting that Kevin's working because he isn't here, and that's where he typically is when he's not here. I drive up, and the lights are off, so I come home and try to stretch. We've been given the challenge of being able to do splits by June. Right now I'm halfway there: my legs bend 90 degrees away from eachother (that's pi/2 for those of you who don't like angular systems based around a rough approximation to the number of days in a year.) 90 degrees in addition to what I can currently do, divided by 6 months (180 degrees around the sun) means that every day I have to progress half a degree. That seems doable.

I'm re-ripping all my music into iTunes so that I have fairly high quality copies of my music on my computer. I would really like to see ogg support in more mp3 players (both portable and software based.) I had an ogg plugin for quicktime (and therefore iTunes, which uses quicktime) but the new quicktime uses a different sound structure, and so the plugin broke. So now I have a ton of oggs that I can't listen to in my room, and tons of CDs that I need to rip. Right now I'm ripping the soundtrack to Star Wars: A New Hope, disk 2. I've got about 125 more CDs to go through. Then there the CDs at my parents house, and any CDs I can find downstairs. At least when I'm done I'll have a large collection of fairly diverse music: Latin, Metal, Ragtime, Techno, Pop, Classical, Rock, Classic Rock, Jazz, Grunge, Blues, Punk, R&B, New Age, Easy Listening (nothing really bad, only as bad as Elvis Costello, Burt Bacharach, and Tony Bennett) to name a few.

There's other stuff going on, too, but none of it starts with the letter "T" so this isn't the place to discuss it.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

you need to make sure you give we remote users access to all the songs so I can browse through and take what I want...