Monday, May 16, 2005

hit me

Friday afternoon after work I decided to go for a bike ride to prepare for a longer bike ride on Saturday. I rode on this trail I ran on a week or so ago when I was looking for the pullup bars I was told were on the trail. When I ran, I stopped just a little past Paint Branch Parkway, turned around, and ran back up Route 201. Had I gone a quarter mile further, I would have found what I was looking for. When I rode, however, I went way past that. I think I did about 15 miles all in all, stopping at the pullup bars and dip bars to mix things up. This was all, however, a poor decision because the next morning I was riding 31 miles for the American Diabetic Association and my legs could have used a day off. Either way, I finished the ride on Saturday with little soreness and got a free lunch from Outback Steakhouse. By free, I mean free once I paid $40 to register. I also got a water bottle and a star-shaped cookie cutter. What a weird goodie bag.

After the ride, Tim and Parker and I went back to Parkers place to shower, and Paul came up and we all went out to Frederick for the Maryland Brewers Festival. I don't know much about Frederick, but apparently there are a lot of hicks there. The beer was good, it rained a little but not so much that we couldn't enjoy ourselves, and I got a t-shirt from the DuClaw brewing company that says "drink naked" on the front. I thought Hey, what a novel idea: A shirt that advertises something you cannot do while wearing the shirt. How dumb, but apparently they brew a beer called Naked Fish, and the back of the shirt explains it all, thus destroying an otherwise ironic joke.

After that we came back down to the house in College park for a BBQ (I took a small detour to pick up Jeremy). It was raining, but we did it anyway, and a modest number of people showed up. This was good, because I really didn't want to deal with a ton of people in my house. I was tired, sore, and had already gotten drunk once that day. I was in no mood to party, and went to bed shortly after midnight.

Sunday I got up early: 9:00. I wasn't even aware that Sunday had nine o'clock in the ante meridiem. I drove Jeremy back home and we had breakfast with dad. Eggs I think. Then Jeremy and I went out to Seven Locks (near where 495 hits River Road) to pick up his uniform for his lifeguarding job this summer. I dropped him off at home, went to swim and lift weights. The last couple times I've gone to the gym I've run into Katrina, whom I know from S.S.D.P., and have been talking about joining the boxing club at Maryland (of which she is a member.) Fortunately she says the club doesn't have permission from the school to spar yet, so I won't get my ass beat quite yet. Still, I would like to learn how to throw a punch. After working out I went back and we went to Ricciuti's for dinner, then I came home and did laundry. That's right, I'm ending a blog entry with laundry. Deal with it.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

your post title was deceptive... here I thought you were gonna get mowed down by a car while riding your bike, yet miraculously live to tell the tale via blogging...
How disapointed was I! :)

aducore said...

Sorry to disappoint. I'll wear all black and wander on busy highways tonight.