Thursday, May 26, 2005

New house

We've all moved in to the new place in Laurel. I've been sleeping in the guest room since my room had no bed, but my bed was delivered yesterday and I am quite happy with it. We're still in the process of unpacking our shit and figuring out where to put our various pieces of furniture, so the place is still in a state of disarray. Once the place is cleaned up and we're ready to trash the place again we'll have some sort of house warming party, probably in mid June. This will probably be the venue my brother and I use to decide who is stronger and, therefore, a better person.

On another note, Becky is living at home this summer, so I'll actually get to hang out with my sister from time to time. This is nice now that we get along; when we were teenagers I would have sold my left nut to get her out of state for a couple months. My whole family has the same insensitive, dark, sarcastic sense of humor now, so we all have been getting along quite well.

I've been talking to some people about going to grad school for meteorology and the general consensus is that I shouldn't go to UMD since their program has gone down the tubes, and should look to either Florida or California. Florida has the National Hurricane Center, which I think would be fun to work with, so that will probably be my first choice. I just signed on for another year at the department of astronomy so this is still another year off, and I may still decide to do linguistics instead; I'm having trouble deciding.

Man, I am not feeling this post. I guess that means I should stop wasting your time.

No comments: