Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm an asshole...

Stop acting surprised, you've been telling me the same thing for years. I broke up with Tracey today. It just didn't feel right, and I didn't want to drag things out any longer (honestly, she could do better anyway.) I realized that the only real thing holding me back from doing it was not wanting to hurt her, which is a horrible reason to stay in a relationship. I wanted to just drive up to her place and do it, but mitigating circumstances prohibited that and she wound up driving down. I did not want her to have to drive for a half hour just to get dumped, which made me feel like even more of an ass. I'm not asking for sympathy for feeling like an ass; I just thought you all should know that I finally agree with you.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Well, I can't say I didn't see this one coming, but to an extent, it is good that you feel bad about being an asshole. In one of those weird round-about ways, it mitigates the amount of asshole you really are since you feel bad about it.
Do feel sorry for the girl though; driving to get dumped has got to suck ass.
Try not to wallow too much, and enjoy singlehood w/o rushing into anything else before you are ready. Haha, like you'd listen anyway; you'd just ask 300 people until somebody gave you the answer or advice you wanted. :)

Buggie said...

Relationships suck anyway. How is it possible for two completely separate people to come together and not constantly hurt each other. Bleh! Hate relationships.

Boomski said...

Forget what anyone thinks, you had to do what you had to do, then life goes on. You may feel like an asshole at the time, but you have to live life with you in mind. LOL, as great as that sounds. If your doing better now, then that was the best thing.