Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bad time to upgrade

Step 1: Get a new iPod, one of the latest-generation "iPod classic" ones.
Step 2: Realize that, while compatible with my iBook, it's not compatible with the OS I was running (10.3.something)
Step 3: Decide that, since I was planning on upgrading anyway, now would be a good time to do it.
Step 4: Go out and buy OS 10.4.
Step 5: Realize today that OS 10.5 is due to come out in a month, and is also compatible with my iBook.

I wonder if I'll be able to upgrade to OS 10.5 at a discount since my purchase of 10.4 was so recent. Google hasn't been much help on that end, so I guess it's "wait and see" for the time being.

3 comments:

Benjamin Storer said...

Step 6: Wait to get an iPod until right before the next-generation iPhone-esque iPods come out.

aducore said...

wait... was that sarcastic? I'm missing something.

The one I got came out with the iPhone-esque one, only it's not iPhone-esque. It plays games, and stores a lot more bits. It doesn't do touch-screen stuff or the internet, but that's why I have three computers at home, a computer at work, and a cell phone (should I ever need it) that can browse the web.

Please clarify and submit your answer again for regrading.

aducore said...

It seems like this is a non-issue