Tuesday, December 07, 2004

weekend update with that guy who isn't funny

Ahhh the weekend, a time when I don't have to go to work or school, or generally bathe or practice oral hygene. Seriously, though, I wash.

Friday night was uneventfull; Paul and I got high and hung out, but it was a fairly boring evening all in all.

Saturday I went up to Baltimore to see Edgar Allan Poe's house with Karen and Nina; it was a nice walk from Ninas appartment to the house, but I like walking and cities facinate me so there's no real news there. The house itself was unobtrusive and small, but Poe lived in poverty so I wasn't expecting a mansion. We got there shortly before it was going to close so we didn't have to pay to get in. The stairs are hard to navigate and the informative video playing in one of the rooms was put together, apparently, by a 4 year old with sticky fingers. If anybody wants to get drunk on cognac on E.A. Poe's birthday this year, just let me know. Oh, and bring a ski mask so we don't get caught on film. On the way back from the house we walked through this indoor food market place, can't remember the name but it a few blocks from Ninas place. It was weird in that cool circusy kind of way. When we got back to Ninas building she and Karen went up and I went home. Later, around 8ish, Paul and I went up to Ninas for her birthday party, and once everybody else showed up we went to this bar around the corner. There was this band there, and like a sucker, I bought their CD. And like me, it sucks. I'm not even going to waste time describing it. Now mind you, by the time I bought the CD I had around 3 large glasses of beer, so my judgement wasn't working full time (eventually, I think it went on sabbatical.) Most of us went back to Ninas place where the drinking and talking continued, but not before Tim and I raced up 23 flights of stairs because, for some reason, the elevator wasn't good enough for us. Running up that many stairs while drunk, only to go drink more, really does a number on ones feeling of well being. We made margaritas, then Nina and I wound up doing 4 shots each of the tequila I got her for her birthday. That's 9 drinks for me, a few more for Nina. Needless to say we were drunk. Slowly the bodies started walking out the door, and Karen, Nina, and I carried on a very drunk, meandering conversation before falling asleep... um... yeah.

The next morning Nina made us pancakes and baccon (which kicked ass, by the way) and some coffee that I think Tim gave her. Karen and I went back to the house where I showered and went home to practice piano, still hungover but wanting to do something with the day. The Gershwin pieces I used to play are a bit rusty, but the Rachmaninov Prelude in C# minor came back quite easily, which surprised me since it's a lot of complicated cords and the hands kindof get in eachothers way in parts. Some time this week I think I'm going to the piano store on Rt. 1 and check out the electric pianos. So anyway, we had dinner and I traded cars back with my dad (I had been driving his car that week so that my brother could practice on an automatic and take the driving test in something other than the van, which isn't great for parallel parking.) The next morning I get a call. It's my mom. My parking permit (which I need if I want to go to work and not get a parking ticket) was still at home, so I had to take a hour long detour on my way to work to pick up the permit. Only later did I realize that the garage door opener my dad uses was still in my car. Ah well, I'm going home later this week for Chanukah and can give it to him then.

That's about it. Some other interesting things happened, but nothing I'm going to broadcast on the internet. If you really want to know, just tie me down and put a coat hanger on the stove. It won't take long before I start talking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another thing; I ran into Garret (an ex's brother) today on my way to lunch. Hadn't seen him in years. He seems to be doing well, which is good, and will be graduating this year with a CS degree. That's about it.

Damn... I should have asked how his wife is doing. That settles it, I'm an asshole.

Anonymous said...

You are an asshole; but we love you anyway. I'm going to assume that "before falling asleep... um... yeah," means that you didn't fall asleep then. Far be it from me to inquire further, though.

Anyway, I may have broken my wrist, but who knows. The x-ray machine I've been given permission by my doctor to utilize (with professional help) is broken. It doesn't really hurt any more, though (the wrist), and I have pretty much a full range of motion. So, I'm going to assume, until I can have an x-ray done, that it is not broken, but rather lightly sprained (with a dash of garlic).

aducore said...

You're right, I had to unfold the futon before I could fall asleep. also, who are you? I don't know anybody who's sprained their wrist except maybe tim from the excessive masturbation.

Unknown said...

hey, hourly is not excessive...

Anonymous said...

Sorry. That anonymous post was from Will. Turns out my wrist isn't broken. Not even dislocated, just sprained or something. I guess that's for the better. But I was all ready to suck it up and take it like a man.

Also: hourly is excessive.