Sunday, June 19, 2005

Another weekend

Another two days without work. Really, I consider my weekends to begin Friday nights and end Sunday afternoons. What was that? You don't care?

Friday night Paul and Danny (Pauls brother) and Tracey all came over to play Poker with Kevin and me. Tracey is a friend of Pauls that I met at his graduation party. We played a couple games with no buy in, and one with a $1 buy in. We're big spenders over here. I won no game. I didn't even come in second place in any game. I suck at poker, but I'm learning. Slowly. We'll probably try to play again on Friday, but we'll see. All are welcome, anyway. Before she left I asked Tracey about seeing a movie, but I'm going cronologically so we'll get to that later.

Sunday began slow. I went home to trade cars with my dad so that my brother could have a car to drive that wasn't standard. There's something seriously wrong with my dads car. When you run the AC it smells like something died, and some clear nonalcoholic liquid drips from inside the dash onto your ankles. Still, if you don't run the AC and just roll the windows down instead it's quite the nice ride. I went to the liquour store down the street and customized a couple six pacs for my dad, picking beers I've had at some of these beer tasting festivals. He's been asking me a lot about all the beer we've been brewing and the odd beer we've been trying at the house, so I figured it would make a good fathers day gift. Then, I went up to Catonsville to pick up Tracey. We got diner and saw Batman. If any of you out there haven't seen Batman, see it. Not because it's a great movie; though it is quite good. But rather because it's the first batman movie I've seen that isn't laced with mind-numbingly idiotic conversations between unconvincing characters. It's a real movie. Honest-to-god. Someone's finally done a batman movie well. Anyway, it was a good evening.

Sunday I went home. I wanted to go to the pool, but it didn't get hot enough for me to feel like it was worth it. I didn't go. I did go to Best Buy with my dad so that we could look at routers. They're getting fiber optic internet at the house sometime next month and he's trying to understand what he'll need to do various things. He wasn't to clear about the whole wireless-wired thing at first, nor about the differences between hubs, switches, and routers, but he's a quick learner with computer stuff. I'm not sure why he wanted to go to the store, instead of just talking about it at home. Maybe seeing the products in his hand while I described it made it easier. Around 5 I headed back to the place in Laurel (the town) so that I could give Kevin my pool pass so he and Laurel (the girlfriend) could go to the pool. Kevin's not a member, but he looks enough like me to get by with my pool ID. I doubt they care that much anyway. I came back to my parents place and we had dinner. After dinner we played some poker. Once again I didn't win or come in second, and with only 4 of us playing I guess I should be happy that I didn't lose entirely. I did beat my dad... I guess we're not that nice, my family, not letting my dad win on fathers day. I went out shortly after him, and Jeremy and my mom decided to quit then, my brother having more chips.

I'm probably going to see Tracey again this week. Wendesday or Thursday or something. Who wants to start placing bets on how long I take to screw this up?

8 comments:

Anna said...

I say two dates or two weeks, whichever comes first.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

it's hard to judge as I've never met this Tracey. And really the only relationship I've ever witnessed you in was the one with Ariel. As that is my basis, I'm going to say two or three years. All I ask is that you name one of the kids after me.

Anna said...

Ah, Will. You haven't seen the many, many, many, failed short term/medium term relationships that he's been in since high school. I'm not surprised that she hasn't already called and cancelled.

Also, Fuzzy, can you like meet any new women and not ask them out right away?

aducore said...

I can, I just choose not to. It's like the sawed-off shotgun approach: spread your shot wide enough and you're bound to hit something eventually.

Also, there haven't been that many failed relationships. I count 4. I don't count a single date with a girl, since that typically doesn't constitute a relationship.

Will, I don't know if I like the name Flushy Ducore. And the name Will Ducore would get confusing when shouting out orders. "Will Ducore, stop hitting on anything that moves." sounds a lot like "will Ducore stop hitting on anything that moves?", the answer typically being no.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

How about McBucketpants Ducore? There won't be any confusion there.

Anonymous said...

first off how do you know that stuff dripping out of the dash isn't EtOH until you try.
And my bet for how long it will take you to fuck this up is 1.5 mo. But that could easily vary based on how much time she spends around me.

Unknown said...

I think a better question than how long it takes to fuck it up is how horibly said fuck up will be. I vote for very.

One thing you do have in your favor is that since she doesnt drink and wont stay out past 12am, she will never see the true ducore that we all know and despize. She may be under the impression that ducore is a considerate, kind young man of sound moral fiber who she would like to attend the next church mixer with gee golly. We all know that not to be true, but church mixer sounds like it would taste good with some vodka... or maybe some rum... mmmm church mixer.....

I also vote to reinstate "Aqualung" as Ducores theme song.

aducore said...

It's great to have such supportive friends.