Monday, June 27, 2005

It's Monday

And that means that I'll post to my blog instead of doing actual work. I love having a job where I sit by a computer all day long.

Last week was good. I thought I was coming down with a cold in the beginning of the week, but it passed quickly. Boxing on Tuesday was mediocre. There were an odd number of people boxing, so I had to group up with the newbies and help the instructor demonstrate. That meant that I didn't get to do much actual boxing, but I won't complain too much since I was getting over the aforementioned cold. Wednesday afternoon I donated blood. I didn't wind up getting light headed like I usually do when I lose that much blood, so that's a plus. After work I went up to Paul's house and we then went to his pool. Wednesday nights at his pool are 21 and up, and you don't have to be a member (though a member does have to let you in.) So we hung out with his brother, this guy Dylan, and Tracey's sister (a lifeguard) would occasionally sit down with us. Tracey got there a bit late, since she had field hockey that evening. Not much to say here; we went swimming, then we left. It's a pool. What do you want?

Thursday I went up to Tracey's house with the intent to watch a movie, which never happened. I got there as she and her brother were making dinner, then we all got in their hot tub. (Just once I would like to live in a house with a hot tub.) At some point whilst hot tubbing we heard some voice calling for help. It was one of their neighbors; he had fallen down a few stairs and couldn't get up. This guy was old, feeble, and from what I'm told not too mentally stable or nice. Still, Tracey's brother and I hopped the fence and helped him up. This was a long and arduous task; this guy seemed pretty shaken, and didn't want to move that fast. Two middle aged men came by to help, and we got him on his way. Only afterwards did I realize that one of the men who came to help was Tracey's dad; he had just gotten home. I'm not sure what kind of first impression I made there. On one hand, I was helping someone who had fallen. On the other hand, I was in a bathing suit, as was Tracey, and the hot tub was on. I hope that the fact that Tracey's brother was there, and was also in a bathing suit, convinced him that we weren't fooling around in his hot tub.

Friday I went up to Paul's to play poker. Tracey and Danny are good at poker. Paul and I lack skill. I should read up on poker strategy some time before the next time we play. My only real consolation is that we don't play for real money.

Saturday Tracey and I went to the pool in my new neighborhood. I'm not sure how I feel about this pool. On the one hand, it's fairly large, and close. On the other hand, there's no grassy area (it's all concrete,) and there's little area to sit. Later that evening we got dinner at Ricciuiti's and then went to Cold Stone for ice cream. Cold Stone is an interesting place. They follow the logic that people who want ice cream also want to get it at some goofy place... a place that Willy Wonka would design if he were lazy and didn't feel like breeding more Opmpa Loompas. For starters, the people working behind the counter have to sing a little song, of which there appear to be many, every time you give them a tip. From what I can tell the song they choose is mostly random, but I think they may have special ones when the tip surpasses a dollar. Also, they are too crazy to follow conventional size names. Small, Medium, and Large are too straightforward. They don't even go with the big American trend of forgoing Small and having Medium, Large, and Extra Large. They avoid that whole mess and have names like "Like it", "Love it", and "Gotta have it" which make ordering, in my opinion, almost too stupid to be worth the ice cream you get in return. "Hi, I'd like a gotta have it of lobster cheesecake ice cream." Okay, the flavors aren't that bad, but they are somewhat goofy too. One last rant with this ice cream establishment: the actual portions. The bowls they have on display for the various sizes look like they differ by about 25% at the most. I figure, I'm in the mood for ice cream, I may as well get the large, um, "gotta have it." So I get it, and the thing is huge. From what I can tell they fill up the smallest bowl half way for the smallest portion, and for the largest portion they fill up the largest bowl so that you have a 50-50 chance of spilling the thing before you leave the store. I couldn't finish mine, so I threw it out. I was half tempted to drop it in their tip jar just to see if they'd have to sing.

I took Tracey home, then headed down to Laurel. Kevin and I shower (he was coming from work, me from a hot day and a chlorinated pool), separately, and I drive us down to Santa Fe where people were, get this, drinking. Only Kevin forgot his ID and we had to drive back up to Laurel, then down again to the bar. I have a few beers, but don't get shitfaced since I'm the designated driver, and eventually we leave. I'm growing less and less fond of bars, not that anything particularly bad happened there. It's just not my scene.

I'll have to have Tracey come down to the place in Laurel more often, so more of you people can meet her. She's only met Kevin so far, and I'd like her to see the whole spectrum of assholes I hang out with.

24 comments:

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Hot tub time with Tracey AND her brother? Kinky. So, ya boffed her yet? (Please see the dialogue below. I've stolen it from The Girl Next Door (2004) and changed the names so that it's more fitting to our situation.)

Ducore: Will, I like this girl.

Will: And you can still like her with your penis inside her. Ducore, I tell you that you're going to regret this. What would Einstein do? You know he'd tap that ass.

aducore said...

Wow. I expect that kind of comment from Kevin, or even Tim. Ben maybe but that's a stretch. He just likes to attack me personally. But Will? I don't know what to say.

How about no, though she is quite cute.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

I write it in jest. Despite what most people seem to write in your comments section, I actually think that deep down, underneath all that s&m apparel, you're a pretty decent person.

Unknown said...

I've never actually been to cold stone, but I have had their ice cream delivered to me by a coworker. It was "german chocalate cake" and I was quite impressed. Maybe the goodness of the ice cream is inversely proportional to the amount of stupidity you have to go through before you can eat it.

I think Einstein would indeed tap that ass, but would do so on the event horizon of a black hole (no wonder that guy can last so long). He also would probabaly do it on a train, but would want to make sure that she didnt see him go by her on the train lest he appear less endowed that he is.

And I have met Tracy, just very briefly. But you should have her over to see the cat... if she likes pussy, then your golden

(youd better never give her the url to this blog)

aducore said...

It's not "german chocalate cake", or even "german chocolate cake", but Germanchökolätekäke. See, the germans can't afford the time it takes to hit the space bar; they're way too efficient. But that's what I had too.

And Will, the s&m apparel is all I can do to stay decent. Underneath it I'm naked (or at worst covered in vasoline,) and therefore quite indecent. Still, it pays the bills.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

As for Cold Stone, I dig it. I've found that it's most affordable and enjoyable to go in a group and split a larger size or a pint. As long as no one has any contagions, that is. Of course, you also have to be able to agree on a flavor and the mix-ins/toppings/whatever you want to call them... which can lead to bloodshed, and who really wants to share ice cream with someone who is bleeding from the mouth...

Unknown said...

youd think all those umloats(sp) would be at least as much work as spaces... those crazy germans.

aducore said...

1) Tracey plays field hockey all year long. Three seasons, it would appear. The winter being indoor pickup games, and the Fall being the regular season. It is the season Summer now, so I'm guessing this is the Summer season. She also coaches high school, but that's not relevant to this questionnaire.
b) She is 20, turning 21 in about a month. Do I get extra credit if I tell you she's a senior at UMBC? It shows I have a more in-depth understanding of the subject.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

The extra credit question is actually "What position does she play?" And I don't mean that in a dirty way.

So when are you going to join her team? You know, to show her you share her interests and so that you finally have an excuse to wear that pleated skirt... not that you need an excuse.

aducore said...

I don't think the pleated skirt will match my leather chest straps or ball gag. Also, it's hard to play field hockey when your eyes are zipped shut.

I'm not sure what position she plays. She's told me, but I don't know the sport so it's hard to remember. If I had a list I may be able to tell you, but I'm too lazy to do a google search for field hockey. I'll get back to you about that.

Anna said...

A couple of things.
1. Cold Stone is the best ice cream available. You put up with the crappy songs and long waits for the delicious super-premium ice cream. And the one in Olney is way more reasonably priced.
2. Did you get a cat or was that Tim's poor attempt at a joke ("And I have met Tracy, just very briefly. But you should have her over to see the cat... if she likes pussy, then your golden")?

Anna said...

Also, again, I'll be really mad if Tim and Parker got engaged before me and if they got a cat, too.
That might just push me over the edge.

aducore said...

I didn't get a cat, but Tim did, and it was still a poor attempt at a joke.

Ben beat me to it.

Anna said...

Dear Ben,
I want a cat or a puppy.

Love,
Anna

Anna said...

PS. Why aren't you in New Jersey?

Unknown said...

piece of crap... I had a nice long comment and firefox died on me... so here is the lite version. you can combine any word with blog and sound cool... ie ducores blog is blogscrement and I would like to blogomit all over it. haha

I got a kitten... her name is cloe... she is cute... I dont update my blog ever otehrwise you would know this. pictures can be found by going to http://68.34.5.188/tim/Pictures/view.php?directory=Summer_2005 and scrolling 2/3 of the way down assumign you get there before or after I attempt to install fedora 4... which judging by previous luck with this computer could take a while. that is all, good day

aducore said...

Man, with this comment, there are more words in the comments than there are in the original blog, and it was a long post too. I count 1035 words in the post, and 1067 in the comments (this one included)

Anna said...

Tim, I gave up checking your blog since the last post was in what, March? And I did check it recently, like on Friday.

Also, how did you count the words? Did you do it by hand or run it through a word processor because if you counted by hand then you need more things to do. Also, by hand I mean counting without the aid of a computer program not like on your fingers which I know you will try to make into some sort of bad semantics joke that will just make me want to punch you.

aducore said...

Anna, I count words using a utility called "wc". If you run it, then just dump the text into STDIN, it will pipe to STDOUT the character count, word count, and line break count. I couldn't have counted that high on my hands anyway, they only go up to 1023. I'd have to use a toe, or other appendage. But now you've thrown off my count, jerk.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Also, is the blog entry's title counted? And, if so, does it go with the blog entry or with the comments? Also, you should keep your STDs to yourself.

aducore said...

I didn't include the title or the "so-and-so said" portions. Just the text.

I'm still waiting for Kayla and Kevin to comment, then this post will be complete.

Unknown said...

For Imediate release:

Tim Goff would like to announce that he will be posting to his blog in the coming days. stay tuned for further developments

aducore said...

Excellend idea, burry the announcement under 25 other comments, with two posts in the blog since the one you're commenting on. I applaud your dedication.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Hey, Tim, why don't you just post your blog entry in the comments section here. That'll throw people. They'll never know where you're going to strike next. Actually, I suppose that now I've suggested it, it won't be such a surprise. Maybe you should forget you read this... or maybe you shouldn't...