Friday, June 17, 2005

Modest Mouse Concert

I went down to D.A.R. Constitution Hall last night to see the Modest Mouse concert with Tim, Parker, and Leonard. We took the Metro downtown, and on the way there we shared a train with Chevaun, a woman I know through some friends I used to get high with. Haven't seen her in years, though. She seems to be doing well, still talks to Leslie every now and then.

There was some confusion with our seats when we got there (the usher working by us didn't know Section L from her ass, and it was dark so don't blame us) but it got cleared up before Modest Mouse came on. The concert was good, but not great. I felt they had a lot of energy, but didn't channel it well so it just sounded unproduced (yeah I know, it was a live show) and the lyrics were unintelligible. Lots of screaming, which doesn't work well with their style of music. Still, I would see them again. The opening band, whose name I cannot recall but I'm sure Tim could tell you, was also fairly good.

On the way back to Greenbelt, on the green line, I bumped into some guy whom I apparently went to elementary, middle, and highschool with. I can't remember his name, but I don't think I ever hung out with him anyway so I'm not too concerned with that. Nothing interesting to note here, the conversation was that kind of forced you get when you throw two people together who should know each other, but have nothing in common. The more I talk to people who I went to school with, but never hung out with, the more glad I am that I chose to hang out with the people I did, or glad that they chose to hang out with me, or glad that none of the cool people would hang out with me, or something else like that. Highschool cool doesn't really translate to real world cool; I'm under the impression (delusion?) that I am real world cool. Hell, people even read my blog. I'm a celebrity.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Hahaha...You think you are real world cool. That's so cute.

Kayla said...

they both beat me to it...

If you're real world cool then Pam Anderson's boobs are real and my hair is naturally flaming red

=P

aducore said...

That hurts. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm going to throw a party, and none of you are invited.

I guess that means I'll be partying alone.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

Ducore, I think you're cool, but I still don't want to go to your party.