Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Hybrid Cars

So... I'm planning to get a hybrid car and find some claims that they aren't as fuel efficient as the car manufacturers claim. So now what? Consumer Reports and Wired News, along with another blog, leave me with an uneasy feeling about getting one. Now I'm just hoping my dad does decide to get a new car (he's been thinking about it for a while) and give me the 92 Honda Prelude. No, I don't want to rely on my parents, but I also need a car soon and don't have a lot of time to go out and test drive. Getting a hybrid would have made things easy since I would only have to test drive 3 cars. Now I have to rethink everything. On the plus side, though, now if I get a car it won't have to be so friggin expensive.



Maybe I should look into turbo-diesel car. I've been hearing good things about them, and they can run on biodiesel. Hmm

1 comment:

Joseph Gomez said...

What you should look into is public transportation. But then you have to deal with the uncomfortable body positioning and unpleasant smells. Yeah... stick with hybrid. GO EARTH!

Just stopped by after reading your profile. Good stuff. I hate competition. Now I must kill you.