Tuesday, July 19, 2005

one month and counting

Tracey and I don't go on many dates. Well, not many real dates. You know: dinner, movie, something private. There's always family around, or some of our friends. Yesterday we managed to go out and see Wedding Crashers: the third time in the past month that we've done something just the two of us. (That sentence sounds right, but I can't figure out linguistically why it works. Any help?) Rather than just repeat Kevins blog, I'll let you read his review. Good movie.

My brother has orientation today and yesterday. He spent Sunday night at my place and I drove him to campus in the morning, which meant I got to work around 7:30. I should really start showing up earlier. I'm much more productive (when I'm not posting to my blog.) He spent the night on campus and I'm taking him home this afternoon. Then I get to try to fix his computer again. We're going to try an IDE hard drive and see if that helps. Even though it works fine with Linux, he's a gamer so he wants Windows.

As for Friday, rather than me keep changing times... Ben, Anna, would you come over if we started earlier? and if so, how early do you think is good? (most people probably won't show up until later, but that'll just mean it will be less noisy and crowded.) Will, I'm assuming you're not going to be in town, even though it usually works out so that you are. Anybody else reading this is welcome too. Everybody but Will.

4 comments:

aducore said...

Hey Ben, I just got a virus email from your wam account (Received from pool-141-156-43-61.res.east.verison.net) Just thought you'd like to know.

Unknown said...

how would Ben's WAM account still exist? I worked for UMD for like a year after graduating and they cut mine off.

Of course, you may have not meant WAM, as the email was received from verizon, but that doesnt necessarily mean anything

aducore said...

the from address was bstorer at wam dot umd dot edu. It doesn't have to originate from a wam server (it probably didn't), it could just have been outlook configured to send mail with that from address. Either way, it was an octet-stream that began with "Mz", which is how all windows executables start.

Flushy McBucketpants said...

"Yesterday we managed to go out and see Wedding Crashers: the third time in the past month that we've done something just the two of us."

I think you need a comma between "something" and "just."

Sadly, I won't be attending the party. Even if I was invited, I wouldn't be coming.

Also the kitten pee'd on my bed. I have to sleep on that now.

Dammit.