Friday, June 18, 2004

Rain + Electronics

I got caught in the rain yesterday when biking home from work. I got soaked, as did everything with me including my mp3 player and cell phone. My mp3 player works, but my cell phone is having problems. It has found signal since drying off, but doesn't do it most of the time. I figure there's probably still some water inside that has yet to evaporate, because I've never seen low-voltage electronics ruined by water. Plus it worked this morning and a little yesterday after getting wet, so I imagine it working again. If not, I'll just get it replaced. Until then, don't try calling my cell.

3 comments:

aducore said...

the phone has fixed itself by not retaining the water.

aducore said...

sorry, no it hasn't

Anonymous said...

Oh look what I've found. Well well well if it isn't the story of little Andrew Ducore and his mishaps with his precious electronics. Actually this happened to me and my phone just needed to dry out. I suggest putting it in the oven on Broil at about 350 deg for maybe 10-20 min tops. That should dry the mother-fucker out. I’d call you to tell you this but it might short out your phone and cause a small electrical fire in your pants. On second thought…

~Kevin